Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Hop Winners!

For the Holiday Blog Hop, I gave the first and the last sentences of the seven stories in my short story collection Passages, and asked entrants to pair them up! Of those who got four or more right, I randomly choose three winners. . .and they are. . .drumroll, please. . .

Na S. 
Teressa Oliver
Shadow

They each won a copy of Finding Fiona, my YA scifi novella! They'll also be entered into the grand prize drawing for a Kindle Fire! 

And here are the correct pairings, just in case you're wondering:

The Rowe Boys
First: Moments like this, when his world revolves around him and not his brother, are rare.
Last: Ethan nods, then begins to follow her back to the house, where he’ll get drunk and celebrate the end of high school and make-out with another girl, Mya Daniels on his mind every moment.

Death of the Sun
First: It's hard to believe it was so long ago.
Last: I drove towards a new life, the sun behind me.


You Remember
First: She's wearing your sweatshirt.
Last: She's wearing your sweatshirt.

Melanie's Secrets
First: My sister and I used to be good friends.
Last: Amy stares at her lap, then finally meets my eyes. “Maybe I do.”

Fettuccine Alfredo
First: Alyssa walked into the kitchen, trying to appear nonchalant.
Last: “You and me, mom, we’ll go to Italy.”

Together
First: The back door slams shut, the hinges rattling.
Last: “You’ll make sure we’re still together, right?” she asks, tilting her head. // “Yeah,” I tell her. “I’ll make sure.”

The Prodigal Daughter
First: Teresa hated hospitals.
Last: “I want to try again. And I’ll try harder this time.”

If these intrigue you at all, feel free to buy Passages for 99 cents on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Thanks for participating, everyone, and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment