Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday Thirteen: My 13 Favorite Books

My favorite books! They're nearly all fiction. I don't know what that says about me. I included my favorite character, too :P

1. The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. If I have to choose just one, Prisoner of Azkaban.
Favorite character: Ron Weasley

2. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.
Favorite character: Peeta Mellark

3. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.
Favorite character: Mitchell Sanders or Kiowa

4. 1984 by George Orwell.
Favorite character: Honestly, this is more a book where I remember themes stronger than characters. I remember Winston and Julia but I don't remember particularly liking either of them.

5. Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller.
Favorite character: Well, I feel weird answering this because it's nonfiction, and these people aren't characters; they're real people. I guess Don because it's his story.

6. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
Favorite character: John

7. The Tomorrow When the War Began series by John Marsden.
Favorite character: Ellie, closely followed by Homer

8. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis.
Favorite character: Lucy

9. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
Favorite character: Lord Henry

10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
Favorite character: Liesel

11. Jesus for President by Shaine Claiborne.
Favorite character: Jesus

12. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.
Favorite character: Don, I guess. Again, I FEEL WEIRD.

13. The Bible by Various Authors/God.
Favorite character: Jesus/Yeshua

No comments:

Post a Comment